Saturday 30 March 2013

Veteran cricketers

                  
  He suffered a hamstring injury during the tournament and could play only seven matches from which he mustered only 172 runs with one half-century. At that time, he was 40 years old and it was apparent that age was catching up with him and after Punjab's last match of the IPL 2012, he told reporters that he had played his last match and expressed the desire to become a coach. "I would say I've played my last game of cricket just there, Gilchrist said after the match. "I'll go away and have a think about it and talk to the franchise.But come IPL 6, the 41-year-old did a complete volte-face and made himself available for the tournament. He will lead Punjab again and it will be interesting to see what Gilchrist brings to the table given he has not played any competitive cricket in the last year. It's probably high time for the legendary glovesman to either shape up or ship out.  If the franchise is still keen to keep me involved as coach, which is a role I've really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment