Sunday 31 March 2013

Harbhajan

    
When I played 100 Tests, it felt great but I have started realising that more important are the relationships that you have developed over the years," the 32-year-old off-spinner told PTI during an exclusive interview here on Sunday.Obviously, 100 Tests was big thing considering from where I had come. I never imagined I would reach this far. In the first innings in Chennai, I was nervous but it got better in the second innings.It's those you have played cricket with and have known along the way. I would rather be known as a cricketer who was a good human being than being dubbed as a top player and an equally worse human being," he added.It's great to have Anil bhai around. It not only helps to have around while talking cricket but other aspects too. He (Kumble) is someone who can gauge my state of mind. He has always been there with me to give me right kind of advice. His mentorship with MI will be a huge advantage not only for me but for other players," he sounded ecstatic.For Harbhajan, if 90 out of 100 people like him, he will consider it as an achievement.So apart from Mumbai Indians, which is the team that can go the distance in this edition of IPL, he said, "Chennai Super Kings is a very balanced side. They are a real good team and has played consistently good cricket over the last five editions.I only hope that when I stop playing the game, people would say that they cherished being in my company. I know 100 out of 100 guys won't say the same but I want at least 90 people to say that 'Bhajji achha insaan tha' (Bhajji wasn't a bad juman being)," the veteran of 101 Tests said during a free-wheeling chat at a city hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment