Friday 29 March 2013

James Tomlinson available

         
  But having avoided a flare-up this pre-season the 30-year-old has set his sights on the opener against Leicestershire next month.I'm raring to go and very excited. I'm very fit and I've lost a bit of weight, which was the first thing they told me to do about my ankle. I feel really good.The key point is to be fit for the start of the season this year," he told BBC Radio Solent .I hope to be involved in all of them. It's important I get the overs in because I'm probably a couple of games behind everyone else."It's a great trip, it's great to be around the lads and I've been doing a bit of coaching out there as well. For the last two years I've missed the first few weeks because my ankle blew up on hard wickets in Barbados.On the softer English wickets it gives it the best chance to get going, then by the end of the season I've generally got through it pretty well.Luckily we've not made the same mistake this year. Tomlinson admitted to having on-going concerns over his ankle problem, but said he hopes to continue travelling to Barbados with the Hampshire squad despite the risk posed by harder wickets on the tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment