Friday 29 March 2013

Sam Billings aiming

          
    Billings continued: "I need to have a second string to my bow so I'll keep working on my fielding too - it's just important to keep every aspect of your game up to mark.I learnt a lot and having a great bunch of lads there really helped get through the hard work. Last year I didn't get any opportunity and I probably didn't put myself in a position to earn one. The former Loughborough University student has recently returned from five months in Adelaide.Billings, who is currently recovering from a stress fracture of the foot, enjoyed a breakthrough summer in 2012 which included scoring 143 in the CB40 against Derbyshire - the highest ever one-day innings by a Kent player at Canterbury. Along with Derbyshire's Dan Redfern and Ross Whiteley, Surrey's Rory Burns and Sussex's Joe Gatting, he was funded by the England and Wales Cricket Board to train at the Darren Lehman Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment