Saturday 30 March 2013

Shaun Tait

         
    I feel the likes of Jason Gillespie, Shane Warne, Michael Kasprowicz and Mathew Hayden were the players from whom the younger lot could learn and I feel they should have hung for more time," Tait said during an interaction with the media.It is not in the hands of players. They have to abide with what the authorities say. The IPL would not lose its global character but it is a shame that players have to face such situation. It is the decision taken by others. At the end of the day, IPL is an Indian tournament but a very good one, he said.I am not sure but there have been some changes in Australian cricket and at the domestic level too. The youngsters, when inducted into the team learn from their seasoned teammates," he said.I have been plagued with injuries in my career but still don`t want to cut down on my pace. I have not played one dayers for quite some time to reduce workload and concentrate on T20 only. To avoid more injuries, I work out a lot. But still I want to bowl around 150 kmph as cutting down on pace would be too difficult," said the Aussie quick.When asked whether the IPL was losing its global character in wake of the decision of pulling out Sri Lankan players out of Chennai and the few England players being barred by their respective counties, Shaun Tait called it a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment