Friday 29 March 2013

Aussie bowlers

       
    Australia are coming off a four-nil whitewash to India and are at a very low ebb, while England are the number two Test side and beat India on the sub-continent a few months ago. But they then drew a three-Test series with New Zealand, which was unexpected.There's enough talent there, we just need some confidence in that line-up and if we follow on from the damage the bowlers are going to do, I think we can win the Ashes.Waugh, who played 168 Tests for the Baggy Green, feels that while patience is required when dealing with the inexperienced Aussie batting order, the bowling line-up is stronger than England's.He added: "I think we're just going to have to have patience with the current team. It reminds me a lot of 1985-86 when I first came into the Australian side. It took us a couple of years to know how to win ... 13 Test matches before I played in a winning Test side; 26 Tests before I scored a century. The former skipper said: "I think England aren't as good as they think they are. I honestly think we can win the Ashes. We've got the bowlers to take 20 wickets. If that's the case you can win any Test match. It just needs a couple of batsmen to find a bit of form.Former Australian captain Steve Waugh has played down England's chances of strolling to an Ashes victory, saying the Three Lions aren't as good as everyone's making them out to be, and that the in-flux Aussies will do well. Shane Watson, I think, has the potential to be a really great Test batsman, if he can step up to the mark along with Michael Clarke and some of the younger guys. I like the look of Phil Hughes, he's got something deep within him that makes him a long-term Test player; we've got Dave Warner.

No comments:

Post a Comment