Friday 29 March 2013

Gambhir ready

             
   Gambir, who captained Kolkata Knight Riders to their first IPL title last year and was the second-highest run-getter in the season, said that he didn't regret not being part of the side that beat Australia by a historic margin of 4-0. "Playing for India is my biggest motivation, but not the only one, he said. "As a sportsperson, I want to keep performing. I hadn't played for Delhi in a long time, so it felt great to be back.Bayliss also admitted there would be pressure on KKR in the tournament as they seek to defend their title. "In a way, our achievements last season do bring in a bit of extra pressure," Bayliss said in an interview to the Telegraph. "But at the end of the day, it's a good feeling to start a competition as the defending champions. We need to carry on with the momentum we had gained last year. That we won the Vijay Hazare Trophy after 17-18 years made it doubly special. I just want to make runs that help my team win. I don't want to complicate things. I want to keep my cricket and my life simple by scoring runs.England batsman Eoin Morgan, Lakshmipathy Balaji and left-arm spinner Iqbal Abdulla joined the team in Kolkata on Thursday. His lack of match practice going into the IPL, however, isn't a cause for concern. KKR coach Trevor Bayliss said that Gambhir and Jacques Kallis were players who would prove their experience once the competition begins. "At the same time, we have a squad with highly effective players in the middle order who can handle the responsibility they have been entrusted with," Bayliss added

No comments:

Post a Comment