Thursday 11 April 2013

Andrew Miller aims

          
    Miller, released by Warwickshire at the end of last season, impressed Sussex cricket manager Mark Robinson on pre-season trips to South Africa and Dubai.If I was to pigeon-hole myself it would be as an old fashioned line and length bowler. I've been tagged underneath Steve Magoffin in that sort of role.The Preston-born player travelled with the squad to Headingley ahead of Sussex's opening County Championship match against Yorkshire, but missed out on a place in the first XI.Suddenly we started to think we needed a bit more cover and Andy seemed to fit the bill with his character, perseverance and determination.  The motivation is there to play and I think I have got a few things to prove. I went out to Dubai and gave it everything and that has got me here.Circumstances took over a bit as Amjad Khan's prognosis of his injury was put back a bit and Kirk Wernars left us as well.I have loved every second I have spent down here. There were limited opportunities at Warwickshire and that's something that really motivates me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment