Friday 19 April 2013

Michael Richardson

        
  I'm not ready to do a 'nine-five' yet, and I've found my cricket is a lot more enjoyable as a result.Mike said I wasn't making quite enough improvement as the guys who trained and pushed themselves. I was coming in after work, doing my hours in the gym and leaving without feeling like doing it or putting in the extra yards.It was a tough transition for Richardson - swapping the sun, sea and sand for the formality of an office role - particularly with the pressure of maintaining his fitness for cricket.Geoff and Mike were happy with my cricket, I was making strides but I needed to make decisions now that will benefit cricket in the long-run.At first I was a little bit blurred," Richardson continued. "I was worried about it [work] taking up too much time and getting in the way of my cricket development.In the past I got a bit of stick from my missus because I used to tell her I was going to Cape Town for cricket, but when she would phone I would be on Clifton beach because there is much more spare time," Richardson told BBC North East and Cumbria Sport.But I had quite a constructive meeting with [head coach] Geoff Cook and [strength and conditioning coach] Mike King - Geoff from the cricket and life side, and Mike from the physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment