Thursday 25 April 2013

Jordan Clark

           
  Clark joined Lancashire's academy in 2008 and, after making his one-day debut for the first team in 2010, he was part of the Second XI Trophy-winning side last season.I just remember a lot of the lads were cheering and there was a lot of noise in the dressing room.The Whitehaven-born youngster is yet to make his County Championship debut for the Red Rose county, but has featured in five one-day and nine Twenty20 matches.Clark, who finished the day 70 not out to help Lancashire to a lead of 64 with five first-innings wickets remaining, hopes his feat can help him to cement a first XI place.He told BBC Sport: "I was batting against spin, the wicket wasn't a massive turner. I thought I needed to step it up a little bit.South Africa opener Gibbs's feat at the 2007 World Cup was the first time it had been achieved in international cricket, while India all-rounder Yuvraj joined the select group at the inaugural ICC World Twenty20 later that year - with England's Stuart Broad the unlucky bowler.I hit the first few pretty well, had a chat to my team-mate and I just carried on really.Sobers and Shastri's accomplishments came in domestic first-class cricket, the latter for Bombay.He added: "I put them all the same way, over leg. I thought he was going to try to mix it up, especially the last two balls but they just landed in the same spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment