Monday 22 April 2013

David Willey aiming

           
Willey who was born in Northampton, has eight first-class half centuries to his name but no centuries as yet.Willey also took a five-for in the match against Essex, the fourth of his career, but admits there is still some room for improvement.I had a bit of a shocker down in Cardiff, so I was just trying to play straight to start with," he added.I'm not particularly pleased with how I'm bowling at the minute, he said. "The ball doesn't seem to be coming out in the right area often enough and I'm leaking a few too many runs.I like to score quickly but I have to give myself half a chance to start with.The 23-year-old scored 76 from 78 balls in an innings which also included 70 from Trent Copeland and an unbeaten 88 from Steven Crook.It's quite likely we'll keep the same order [for the match against Gloucestershire] but we'll all be itching to bat a little higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment