Thursday 25 April 2013

Durham hoping

              The game sees the first return to his former county of seam bowler Liam Plunkett, who left Durham for Yorkshire at the end of last season.Cook, who has named an unchanged squad for the fixture, will be looking for more runs from Durham's top order after a collective failure in both innings against Warwickshire.Middlesbrough-born Plunkett said he was looking forward to playing against his former team-mates.Between them, batsmen Mark Stoneman, Keaton Jennings, Will Smith and Dale Benkenstein have scored a total of just 99 runs so far this season.He told the Yorkshire website:  "It will be good to play against my old friends and I'm certainly up for it. I feel like I'm bowling nicely at the minute, so physically and mentally I'm in a good place.Irrespective of who you play, the same formulas still stand and you have to make sure you get your own act together rather than worrying about anyone else.It's good competition and tough work on the field, but I'm sure I'll be having a bite to eat with some of them off it. It's where I played all my county years, and it should be good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment