Monday 8 April 2013

wickeekeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthick I need to finish games

Mumbai, Apr 9: In-form Mumbai Indians wickeekeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthick on Monday (April 8) said that he would look to finish off matches by staying till the end. Kaarthick scored a blitzkrieg of 60 off 37 balls against Royal Challengers Bangalore in MI's opening IPL game and followed it with a breezy 37 off 25 balls against Chennai Super Kings. "I am happy with the way I am batting. But I feel that I need to finish games off. I feel I should have finished the game in Bangalore but Pollard did that wonderfully for us in Chennai. If you are batting well, it is important to finish games off," Kaarthick said at the pre-game media conference ahead of MI's tie against Delhi Daredevils here on Tuesday. Kaarthick brought MI to the doorsteps of victory against RCB before he was out in the last over. MI lost the match by two runs. In the second game, Pollard played a blinder to take MI to a challenging total of 148 after Kaarthick had laid the platform. On playing under new captain Ricky Ponting, Kaarthick said, "To be honest, he is one of my favourite players. I have always admired his batting and I was looking forward to meeting him and being part of his team. The positive energy and the way he is doing things is wonderful. Really looking forward to a good few more games with him." Asked if the team thought that Ponting and Sachin Tendulkar were giving slow starts and whether the opening pair could be tinkered with, Kaarthick said, "Two players of highest quality. Definitely they would be opening, there is no doubt in that."

No comments:

Post a Comment