Monday 1 April 2013

Swann ready for Ashes

         
Swann revealed: "I'm banished to our attic bedroom right now because I have to get up every two hours to attach myself to a machine for 50 minutes. It was agony for the first week - it brings a tear to your eye."It was okay while the Tests in New Zealand were on because I could watch that, but now it's finished it's very tedious. It's important though because the machine keeps the range of movement in your arm and it aids your rehabilitation and it's supposed to halve the time you get back bowling.But that's stopped happening now and the elbow feels great - so it's definitely going in the right direction. I'll be badgering the physios and coaches here at Notts to let me bowl as soon as possible but they're the ones with qualifications to tell me when and where I can.He continued: "The surgeon assured me it was a straightforward operation compared with my first one. That one was far more serious, yet it allowed me to go for three-and-a-half years bowling relatively pain free. It was a lot more straightforward this time, basically just correcting little things that have gone wrong since. I'd hope to be bowling competitively by the end of April. I don't know whether that's optimistic or not but that's how my mind works. I want to be back as soon as I can because I'm bored stupid already.

No comments:

Post a Comment