Friday 12 April 2013

Surrey captain targets

        
   Both spells were short-lived however, with the Johannesburg-born batsman spending just single seasons with the clubs in 2000 and 2005 respectively.Obviously I want to score a lot of runs but I'm excited about what I can bring from a leadership perspective, he added.It's been great meeting all the staff and players at a club with great tradition," he continued.The first thing I noticed when I got to the ground was my name on a locker - that was a big tick for me in getting excited for the start of the season.The guys have a had a great pre-season and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better each day.Meanwhile Surrey have handed young all-rounder Tom Curran a professional contract.The opening batsman, who was made South Africa's youngest-ever captain in 2003 at just 22 years old, boasts an average with the bat of 48 in Test matches and 38 in One-Day Internationals.The South Africa captain, 32, signed his deal at The Oval in November but only joined up with the side this week.He will make his debut as captain on Wednesday in the County Championship match against Somerset.

No comments:

Post a Comment