Monday 8 April 2013

Mumbai Indians' Dinesh Karthik


Karthik scored a blitzkrieg of 60 off 37 balls against Royal Challengers Bangalore in MI's opening IPL game and followed it with a breezy 37 off 25 balls against Chennai Super Kings.On playing under new captain Ricky Ponting, Karthik said, "To be honest, he is one of my favourite players. I have always admired his batting and I was looking forward to meeting him and being part of his team. The positive energy and the way he is doing things is wonderful. Really looking forward to a good few more games with him.On Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga's (who missed the last two games due to a sore back) availability for tomorrow's match, he said, "We will take a call tomorrow depending on how he feels. He is here for practice and I am sure he is looking forward to the game tomorrow.I am happy with the way I am batting. But I feel that I need to finish games off. I feel I should have finished the game in Bangalore but Pollard did that wonderfully for us in Chennai. If you are batting well, it is important to finish games off," Karthik said at the pre-game media conference ahead of MI's tie against Delhi Daredevils on Tuesday.It was important to see off the initial overs in the two wickets we played. The ball was seaming in Bangalore and in Chennai also it was a wicket that had a bit in it. And that was the reason we got so close in Bangalore as well because we did not lose any initial wickets, he added.Karthik brought MI to the doorsteps of victory against RCB before he was out in the last over. MI lost the match by two runs. In the second game, Pollard played a blinder to take MI to challenging total of 148 after Karthik had laid the platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment