Monday 1 April 2013

Misbah refuses to retire

           
   Misbah is often criticised for batting to slowly or cautiously in ODIs, especially in situations that require a bit more force. His side recently lost a five-match series to South Africa two-three, losing the final match.Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq has dismissed suggestions that he should retire from one-day cricket, saying he will bat more positively in future but has no desire to give up the format.There were calls for the skipper to step down from the side and focus on Tests, but he responded with a blitzed 85 off 44 balls in Pakistan's domestic competition to show he has still wield the willow with the best of them.I have personally also reassessed my career and my batting and have decided it is better for me to bat more positively and play more shots as this will be more beneficial for me and my team.The skipper insisted: "I have no intentions to quit playing one-dayers as I feel I still have a lot of cricket left in me. But yes, I have now changed my entire approach to batting to prolong my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment