Thursday 11 April 2013

Michael Richardson

          
   I'm not ready to do a 'nine-five' yet, and I've found my cricket is a lot more enjoyable as a result.Mike said I wasn't making quite enough improvement as the guys who trained and pushed themselves. I was coming in after work, doing my hours in the gym and leaving without feeling like doing it or putting in the extra yards. I'm waiting to see what Durham's views of me are first, but I kind of know what I want to achieve.It was a tough transition for Richardson - swapping the sun, sea and sand for the formality of an office role - particularly with the pressure of maintaining his fitness for cricket.Geoff and Mike were happy with my cricket, I was making strides but I needed to make decisions now that will benefit cricket in the long-run.At first I was a little bit blurred," Richardson continued. "I was worried about it [work] taking up too much time and getting in the way of my cricket development.Those appearances saw the wicketkeeper-batsman drop his gloves to concentrate on batting duties, with the good form of regular keeper Phil Mustard leaving him a largely frustrated figure.But I had quite a constructive meeting with [head coach] Geoff Cook and [strength and conditioning coach] Mike King - Geoff from the cricket and life side, and Mike from the physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment