Tuesday 9 April 2013

Matthew Maynard decides

        
  Maynard saw the Titans lose to neighbours Highveld Lions by 30 runs in South Africa's T20 final on Sunday, 7 April.Maynard admits that concentrating on the game has helped him get away from events surrounding Tom's death and the subsequent inquest.But ex-England batsman Maynard will not return there in the immediate future.I know I've not been the same coach this year so I want to see in time whether I get that back or not and I've got to find something else to do now.He said: "I did enjoy my time here, but I needed to get myself sorted out so I'm just going to take a break away from cricket and see what happens.In the short term that is likely to be helping out with fund-raising efforts to benefit young players and help educate them in avoiding the problems that affected his son.He does not believe a return to Glamorgan is ever likely, but added: "I've got a lot of good friends down there and hopefully I'll catch up with them over the summer.It's going to be quite busy with the [Tom Maynard] Trust and there's some PCA (Professional Cricketers Association) stuff with the Benevolent Fund.Maynard also ruled out a job elsewhere in British county cricket, for the short term at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment