Thursday 4 April 2013

Graeme Swann targets Ashes

      
    In an ideal world I'd be fit and proving to the coach and captain that I'm bowling well to make the first Test of the summer.I love Test cricket and I'll play as long as my body can stand it, whether that's 12 Tests or 112. The Nottinghamshire player added: "That's my aim. Whether it's pie in the sky or too optimistic, that's the goal.The last time the operation I had was far more serious and the recovery was great - he was able to sort me out and get me fit for four years of unbelievable Test cricket. England play New Zealand in two Test matches beginning on 16 May before the five Ashes Tests begin at Trent Bridge on 10 July.I was bowling for three-and-a-half years relatively pain-free and that was one of the signs in New Zealand; all of a sudden I got a sore back, shoulder, abdominals. Swann, who was a key member of the victorious 2009 and 2010-11 Ashes-winning England squads, said that, elbow-permitting, he still held a desire to play cricket at the highest level.

No comments:

Post a Comment