Monday 8 April 2013

Dinesh Karthik

           
    I am happy with the way I am batting. But I feel that I need to finish games off. I feel I should have finished the game in Bangalore but Pollard did that wonderfully for us in Chennai. If you are batting well, it is important to finish games off," Karthik said at the pre-game media conference ahead of MI's tie against Delhi Daredevils here Tuesday.Asked if the team thought that Ponting and Sachin Tendulkar were giving slow starts and whether the opening pair could be tinkered with, Karthik said, "Two players of highest quality. Definitely they would be opening, there is no doubt in that.Karthik was non-committal to a question whether West Indian all-rounder Pollard would be promoted up the order. "These are the things you need to ask team management. I am a player. I am given a certain spot and I am looking forward to doing well in the spot given to me. These are the decision you need to be asking the captain or the coach.They (Tendulkar and Ponting), in fact, got us off to a good start with 50 in seven overs. Considering we were chasing 155, if get seven-over 50, you need to get 100 in 13 overs which is what the middle order batsmen are capable of. We are very happy with the way things are going Karthik said. Karthik brought MI to the doorsteps of victory against RCB before he was out in the last over. MI lost the match by two runs. In the second game, Pollard played a blinder to take .

No comments:

Post a Comment