Thursday 11 April 2013

Daredevils will bounce back: Unmukt Chand

New Delhi, Apr 11: Delhi Daredevils might not have had an ideal start to their campaign in Pepsi IPL-6, losing all three of their matches so far, but young opener Unmukt Chand said he was confident of his team bouncing back in the tournament. "We haven't started as well as we would have liked to. We are a capable side. It's a long tournament and I am sure we will certainly bounce back," Unmukt told reporters here. The Daredevils have lost both home and away matches to Rajasthan Royals after being decimated by the Kolkata Knight Riders in the season opener. Unmukt, who had played just two matches last season, has been opening the innings with David Warner, in absence of the star Daredevils opener Virender Sehwag but has failed to make an impression yet, getting golden ducks on two occasions. "These (failures) are part and parcel of the game. But, I am trying to learn from my mistakes. In the upcoming matches, I will try to get myself in and make sizeable contributions," the former Under-19 skipper said on the sideline of the launch of Reebok CrossFit gym here. "Lot of things have changed since the U-19 World Cup win last year. I am better prepared than last year. Hopefully I will be able to score more runs in the other matches." he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment