Friday 5 April 2013

Ben Stokes can learn

           The all-rounder made his England one-day international debut against Ireland in the late summer of 2011, and followed that up with a Twenty20 outing against West Indies later in the year.It's important for me to bowl well and take wickets for the side, that's my role, and if I do well then there's a chance of potentially being picked for England," he said. Cook added: "If he can learn what he needs to achieve to play well enough consistently at that level, then it's a fantastic winter for him and that's how he has to look at it.Meanwhile one Durham player to make it into the England squad was bowler Graham Onions, whose winter was largely spent as 12th man for the tests against India and New Zealand.I wanted to be part of an attack that I thought could win things, and I see myself now leading an attack with some promising youngsters and some experienced players too.Although in the provisional camp, the 30-year-old is concentrating on leading the attack at Chester-le-Street and building on an impressive 2012 which yielded 72 wickets, with 64 coming in the County Champion
ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment