Friday 12 April 2013

Team effort paid

       
   The team effort was wonderful, both bowlers and batsmen contributed to our victory.We have to look at the situation and its unfortunate that sometimes they are not able to pull off but I'm a batsman as well. I have been going through a bad patch in the last couple of months in my career. I don't mind if Virat (Kohli) keeps the Orange cap. AB has come out with some wonderful efforts for us. What I want is a trophy, he added. Bowlers did their job well at the death, not giving any chance for the rivals to post 170-odd runs, which appeared achievable at one point of time, he said.In this kind of a situation. It is not a good idea to lose your wicket. We did not want to give any chance to KKR's key bowler," he said. Because I have scored a quite a good amount of runs it looks like whenever I don't score the team doesn't do well. But we have superb international stars and young Indian players who were capable of winning games, he said. Gayle said his team had a very good start against Mumbai Indians but could not get enough total on the board in the next two games. Gayle hammered nine sixes in his unbeaten 85-run knock to take RCB past KKR's 154 with 15 balls to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment