Tuesday 2 April 2013

Sanju Samson thrilled

          
   Following a strong Ranji Trophy season in which he scored 377 runs in ten innings, at 41.88, and then 222 in the Vijay Hazare trophy, Samson spoke to Cricketnext about his expectations from IPL 6 and playing under Rahul Dravid. Excerpts: Yes, a huge difference. Gautam bhai is a great leader and a good batsman too. I love his technique and his batting off the back foot. Gautam bhai is bit aggressive at times. He can easily handle the pressure in the death overs. But, this time I will be under Rahul sir. He has no comparison with anyone. I have never seen a player like him. He has a calm and composed demeanor which creates a positive attitude among players. I have spent three days in the practice camp with him. He watches every player carefully and then points out the area of improvement. He is a positive person and ready to help any point of time. I am really eager to play with Rahul sir.Kolkata Knight Riders were the champions last year. It felt great of being the member of a winning side, but I didn't get a single chance to play for them. I was as a backup wicketkeeper in the squad. This time I will play the first two matches of the tournament for my new team Rajasthan Royals. I will give my best. I would really feel good if I could fetch some winning runs for my team. This is my second IPL and I am happy that I am a part of this season too. Though I didn't play for KKR I watched the senior pros from the dug-out last year and that will be a major help for me this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment